Thuria and Beyond
This wiki will develop in step with the campaign, providing information on a number of key themes. Some themes already under development include:
- the CONTINENTS of the alternative earth of our campaign
- the major LANDS of the earth
- VANISHED LANDS – ancient empires and kingdoms
- CULTURES – other tribes, clans and civilisations
- notable PLACES including cities, mountains, ruins etc.
- WORLDS – listing the earth itself and other inhabited planets
- HISTORY – a timeline of major events leading up the start of the campaign
- ORGANISATIONS – guilds, cults, knightly orders etc.
- DEITIES – powerful, godlike beings (real and imaginary)
- the RELIGIONS practised in the worlds of the campaign
- the significant RACES of sentient (generally humanoid) beings
- MONSTERS – the fauna of the campaign worlds
- ADVENTURE HOOKS – ideas for future adventures
- ARTEFACTS – magical, arcane and otherwise important objects
With regard to the RACES category, entries in this wiki will tend to focus on where these humanoids can be found in the campaign world. Although based on a fantasy world lacking dwarves, elves and suchlike (Robert E. Howard’s Hyborian Age), we have decided to retain the non-human PC and NPC races outlined in the AD&D 1E rules. The plan, however, is for these races to be far less numerous and far less widely distributed than the more dominant human species. We’re also thinking in terms of non-humans tending not to live among humans in very large numbers, perhaps only appearing as small minorities in the largest, most tolerant and most cosmopolitan human cities.